Tom Ford. It has been a long awaited change of season, as Europe has been in strange warp of the wet and the overcast (with France having 50 percent less sunshine this spring than average). With the perpetual inundation of blogs, television shows, and movies where well-dressed men prevail, it’s hard not to notice how [...]Read more – ‘Summer, Finally — Men in White’
- Of the Obsolescence of Man
- Of the Obsolescence of Man Editorial by Hugo Jacomet (Wonderful) translation by Joseph Nexon As Parisian Gentleman attracts multiplying and ever more intense projects and requests (writing projects, conferences, master-classes, Parisian Gentleman events, films), I must confess to still being surprised at the breadth of the “sartorial phenomenon” on the internet and by the worldwide [...] Read more – ‘Of the Obsolescence of Man’
- Is “fashion” a Dirty Word ?
- Yves Saint Laurent with his signature Wayfarer glasses, strong side part and bespoke suiting made a name for himself with his interpretation of haute couture. His take on Fashion versus style: «Fashions fade…style is eternal». DO THE FASHION VS. STYLE QUOTES EVER STOP ? Like a child put to the grindstone to learn the multiplication [...] Read more – ‘Is “fashion” a Dirty Word ?’
- The Suit Silhouette and the Cutter
- When first hearing the phrase suit silhouette, it sounds a bit odd. By itself, the word silhouette brings to mind blackened outlines of corset-clad ladies from the Victorian era blotched onto starchy white paper, or is a reminder of earlier days as a child, forming shadows shaped like rabbits, projected onto the bedroom wall with [...] Read more – ‘The Suit Silhouette and the Cutter’